Monday 24 October 2011

Versace for H&M

I’m not such a huge fan of the cheaper designer label epidemic. Versace is just another name in a growing list of high-end designers partnering with more affordable fashion retailers. I get the idea behind it and I understand that the designers want to earn a greater income in a tough economic environment, but the prestige of a label surely takes a hit once they are made available to the masses. Sure, it’s a score for the consumer of the lower-end label but what about the high-end retail customer? Gone is the prestige and upper-class association of wearing high-end fashion.

If I had to pick a few items from Versace’s H&M collection, I’d have to go with these three dresses. I can picture myself wearing them - what I can’t picture is waiting in line for hours and being part of a mad rush to grab whatever you can get your paws on (including the b*tch’s hair next to you!) when the store opens…I get anxiety just thinking about it.




Versace for H&M hits stores in November with the US slated to sell the line on the 19th. You can peep the Lookbook to see the full collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment