Tuesday 26 April 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I know April showers bring May flowers, but they also get me wet and make me grumpy. Nobody wants to crawl out of bed in the morning and see pouring rain. This means I have to spend five minutes I already don't have in the morning to look for an umbrella - an umbrella that will more than likely provide minimal protection from the pouring rain.

If I owned one of the umbrellas below, I may be tempted to sing another tune. These umbrellas may coax me to turn my frown upside down next time I wake up and see rain (tomorrow). I've never really thought of an umbrella as a fashion accessory, until now. The Bella Pagoda umbrella makes me think of a circus tent, and I like it! But, I would not be eager to spend more than $100 on something that would likely snap with a single gust of wind...NEXT! The Hudson's Bay umbrella screams classic - something about their corporate colours always makes me want whatever they have been slapped on. It may just be a feeling I get, but I experience a strong sense of Canadian pride when I see the HBC stripes - It makes me want everything in their revamped Hudson's Bay Company Collection. Finally, I present to you the Fulton Birdcage umbrella - I know where you are and I'm coming to get you.

Bella Pagoda Umbrella
Hudson's Bay Company Walking Stick Umbrella

Fulton Birdcage Umbrella


No comments:

Post a Comment